Author Topic: Cutting Travel Costs  (Read 3552 times)

phillip

• View Profile
Cutting Travel Costs
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:12:54 AM »
With the prices of everything like airfares, hotel costs etc rising, it will be difficult for you to get best prices whilst traveling. But there are lots of ways to reduce your expenses. Here are some of the strategies:
1.   Shop Private Sales
You can find 20 to 60 percent off hotel packages on various websites like sniqueaway.com, tablethotels.com and jetsetter.com

2.   Ask for Refund
You can ask for refunds if the fare of airlines drops after you have bought the ticket.

3.   Avoid Roaming Charges
One of the best ways to avoid roaming charges would be to use Skype and Truphone for making international calls.

4.   Travel in Off Seasons
This will save your large amount of bucks if you travel during the off seasons.

russellcolon

• View Profile
Re: Cutting Travel Costs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 05:19:17 AM »
Traveling like a student can be the best way of cutting your travel expenses. There are some student travel agencies like STATravel, StudentCity and StudentUniverse which offer lower prices travel packages to the students. Travelers enrolled in an educational program are often offered heavy discounts.  So, travel like a student and save your cash lol

kristascott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:49 AM »
Well i am nt a student:( I usually search on internet for the best and cheapest travel  packages. I compare 3-4 packages and choose the cheapest one. This may also help you in cutting your travel expenses  ;)

mstammie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:18 AM »
great tips about cutting the expenses. Negotiating may also help in reducing your costs. You can talk to the hotel you are staying, negotiate with the travel agency. not sure this really works and saves your large amount of cash, but it can somehow lower your expenses. something is better than nothing   ;) :D

benjamin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 05:51:23 AM »
great stuff imma try these tips. hope it would help me in saving my hard earned cash. guess what im a student which may be an advantage for me :P  :D :D  ;D

kristascott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:55:48 AM »
great stuff imma try these tips. hope it would help me in saving my hard earned cash. guess what im a student which may be an advantage for me :P  :D :D  ;D
I wish I were a student  :(  :'(

phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 05:58:09 AM »
I wish I were a student  :(  :'(
lol you don't need to worry about that m8. There are tons of other ways which would defo lower your travel expenses  :)