Author Topic: Most Beautiful Castles in Europe  (Read 8006 times)

russellcolon

• View Profile
Most Beautiful Castles in Europe
« on: December 04, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »
There are thousands of castles in Europe. Folks have always been fascinated with the castles. Some of the beautiful castles which you might want to take a tour are explained below.

1.   Chateau De Chenonceau, France
Ths castel is built on river Cher and is located in the small city of Chenonceaux. It offers a stunning sight as it reflects in the water. In order to go there you first need to arrive in Paris and then catch a local train or bus to Chenonceaux.

2.   Neuschwanstein, Germany
This castle is so beautiful and the grounds have a theatrical aura to them which attracts about 1.3 million tourists annually. To get to the castle, you need to take a train to Fussen from Munich and then a bus towards Schwangau until you reach Hohenschwangau. From there you need to walk about 30 mins to reach the castle.

3.   Miramare Castle, Trieste, Italy
Built in 19th Century, this castle includes a cliff and seashore park. The castle has romantic and beautiful appearance. The castle is situated in Trieste region and thw easiest way to get to the castle is by train (Miramare station).

4.   Ashfore Castle, Cong, Ireland
Situated in an incredible place, this castle has got its own centuries old beauty which is well preserved till now. The castle is just 30 mins away from Galway City and 90 mins from Shannon Airport.

kristascott

• View Profile
Re: Most Beautiful Castles in Europe
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:41:05 AM »
These are no doubts the most beautiful castles in Europe. But you are missing some other stunning castles like Prague Castle of Czech Republic, Peles Castle of Romania, Burg Hohenwerfen in Austria and Palace of Pena of Portugal. There are lots of others as well. These are just some additions to your list.  ;)  :D

benjamin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:47 AM »
Here are some my favorite castles in Europe:

1.   Alcazar of Segovia, Segovia, Spain
This castle in one of the most popular historic sites of Spain and it is situated in the old city of Segovia. You can easily go there via train from Madrid.

2.   Edinburgh Castle, Scotland, UK
It is situated in the city of Edinburgh. This castle still has military garrison. The views from the castle are stunning.

3.   Vajdahunyad Castle, Budapest, Hungary
This castle is right by Heroes Square in Budapest. It has got a gothic gate which leads you to the courtyard. There is a beautiful chapel and the statue of the Anonymous.
I have been to all these castles and these are stunning castles I have ever seen  :)

phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:08:35 AM »
I love castles and this was great information about so many of them I knew nothing about. thank u very much  :) :)

kristascott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:11:20 AM »
Heres the list of great castles that are not in Europe http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/09-06/7-great-castles-that-are-not-in-europe.html. these castles are simply awesome; don't have any words to describe 'em  ;)